Powered by Invision Power Board

Proposal: Rediscovering Nature
Silth
Posted: Mar 5 2006, 12:34 AM

Worshipper of the Way
Class: Hunter

We had a meeting the other day with Arydia and Gilthas, up on the top of the Twin Colossals. It was an excellent eve as far as the discussion was concerned, even more so due to the choice of location. The views from up there were staggering, I could feel Nature's magic flowing freely all around, the strong winds filled with the scents of the vibrant forest, the light of stars pure and unmolested. And then it occured to me... there exist places on this earth that still emanate magic, eternal and undisturbed by the worldly conflicts.

Perhaps in this Age of War, us Kaldorei who have taken up arms to defend our ideals, we may have gotten too involved with our daily conflicts. Bitterness, sorrow and despair abound - many races have sounded the trumpets of war against each other, paving a path of flames, death and destruction. Those who actively patrol the world, taking sides in these conflicts usually spend an incredible amount of time in such forsaken places - and this undoubteldy takes a toll on our internal balance and peace. When exposure to despair and corruption is prolonged, there is always a serious danger that it also alters our being, to a point where we're numbed to these atrocities, maybe even get to consider them an unavoidable necessity. Eternal though they may be, our frail souls are not immune to this suffering... Little by little, any balance can be undone.

I'd reckon that one of our defenses against such a threat of degeneration would be to actively seek and engage in what makes us eternal: our connection to the land and nature. We can seek out the places where the magic of the land flows strongest and untainted, bask in the pure energies and replenish our spiritual resistance. Much of the world has been skewed by the present struggles - one has but to view the desolate landscapes of places like the Blasted Lands to have no doubt of it. But there remain many corners in this world that have evaded contamination, where the primordial energies still run strong, where the monumental, life giving force of creation lies untainted, still, ever waiting for the pilgrims to drink from its waters.

This could be one of our tasks, brothers and sisters of the Quarter of the Hunt: spot such wondrous locations, each significant for their unique factors. Let us discover the most wondrous peaks, the lushest oases, the tiny coastal coves where tranquility reigns supreme, the most wonderful and rare of spots that dot our planet. Let us map them out, then invite the Circle to refresh themselves from their troubles and contemplate in a rare moment of serenity. Perhaps our druids in the Quarter of the Moon can even harvest these energies, available in their purest form, to aid us in our multiple conflicts. A lot of potential lies at an arm's reach, waiting to be rediscovered.

Silth

Mini Profile
Silth
Posted: Mar 7 2006, 09:03 AM

Worshipper of the Way

(( I'm shamelessly self-bumping this topic, in the hope to get at least some feedback before tonight's meeting. This idea is still in a brainstorming stage, so please voice your opinions! Is this something you'd like to participate in, has it all been done before, would this never attract enough interest? ))
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Mar 7 2006, 09:07 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients
Class: Druid

Greetings, Silth,

a (very) brief reply, as I'm out of time smile.gif

Yes, something like this has been done before, and yes, we should do it more, and again.

I would be certain to participate!

Also something to start doing again: the "Sentinels of Dolanaar" events, with some modifications as suggested before (which was to not just hold them in Dolanaar).

Won't be there tonight, but I think both of these ideas are worth starting up!

user posted image
"I serve the Forest of the Kaldorei.. the Forest that lives in all of our hearts.."
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Mar 7 2006, 09:14 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets

I think this is a brilliant idea!

I did some swimming around Teldrassil trying to find some nice places - I did find a cove or two that looked quite nice, but was disappointed to find that the waterfalls don't land anywhere...

user posted image
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Mar 7 2006, 09:49 AM

Augur of the Third Age

I'm a big fan of the idea also smile.gif

I never even got to see the special place for the beach party in Stranglethorn Vale sad.gif So that's a possible location to rediscover!

Darjana Stargazer
Quando omni flunkus moritatus
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options