Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post )

The hunt for black dragonscales
Darjana
Posted: Dec 2 2005, 10:29 AM

Augur of the Third Age
Class: Hunter

Huntresses and Hunters of the Silvereye!

It is a stated goal for our quarter to equip you all with the much coveted black dragonscale armor. In this regard I have spoken with the warden of the wild, whose quarter is responsible for the gathering of the bounty of nature, like the skins and scales we need.

We have discussed the posibility of giving the quarter of the hunt a permission to hunt the dragonkin in the burning steppes until we can equip all our huntresses and hunters in this armor.

The warden has promised me to look into the matter but urges us not to hunt these creatures until the quarter of the wild can establish that it will not disrupt the balance of the steppes.

I hope the matter will be resolved soon, and that we will be able to send hunting parties to the steppes in the coming weeks. But until the quarter of the wild gives us the go ahead, I urge you not to hunt these creatures.

Sincerely
Darjana Stargazer

(( Yay! We have politics in the Silvereye smile.gif ))

Darjana Stargazer
Quando omni flunkus moritatus
Mini Profile
Maeven
Posted: Dec 2 2005, 11:50 AM

Sage of the Secret Ways

*snorts* Perhaps those of the wilds forget that the Black Flight were the most "disruptive force to nature" we've ever seen, as much as Scourge and Slithlid.

We are hunters - it is what we do. But if that is your will, so be it.

((Cool - looking forward to seeing this pan out!)

Purple Weapon
Epic Mount
user posted image
The Toddler STILL pwns you
Mini Profile
Maeven
Posted: Dec 2 2005, 10:54 PM

Sage of the Secret Ways

Warden, and all of the Hunt Quarter:

I had some suspicions about this decree, and due to some recent events, it seems things have panned out. I'll explain this at the meeting in a few days' time.

I remain,

M

Purple Weapon
Epic Mount
user posted image
Mini Profile
Xanthas
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 08:51 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Warrior

Black Dragonflight is a threat to this world, so I think there shouldn´t be any regulations on hunting them... and I think that Burning Steppes lost it´s balance long time ago...
Mini Profile
Jarae Nightwind
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 03:26 PM

Seeker
Class: Druid

You ask me a Dragonhunter not to hunt my quarry, It is like saying a priest not to heal, or a warrior to fight..

I for one will continue my quest to eradicate the Black Dragonflight and will accept the punishment metted out.

Jarae Nightwind.

Whoops, no one told me this longbow was loaded.
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 03:37 PM

Augur of the Third Age

Huntresses and Hunters of the Silvereye!

Certain matters have arisen and the Keeper has given us new orders. We are to hunt the black flight with extreme prejudice. Feel free to organize hunting parties to the steppes. I will personally lead a raid there tomorrow.

Sincerely
Darjana Stargazer

Darjana Stargazer
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 05:34 PM

Keeper of the First Secrets

Sisters, brothers, a word of clarification, perhaps.

The Black Flight represents a threat to our world fully on an order of magnitude with the Scourge and the Silithids.

I will, of course, hear the arguments of the Quarter of the Wild in regard to the balance of the Steppes, but bear in mind that the Black Flight have only recently invaded that place and, with their Blackrock Orc minions, have destroyed what was once a human province.

For now, the order to slaughter the Black Aspect stands.

-T-

user posted image
Mini Profile
Maeven
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 01:22 PM

Sage of the Secret Ways

It's been a while since we went out and put a few of these giant flying bats to rest. I think we could do with putting a bit more dragonscale into the coffers.

Anyone care to have a go with this again? It may be quite a bit of work - and hot, dusty, dull work at that after about an hour or two - but an order is an order.

-M

Purple Weapon
Epic Mount
user posted image
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 01:36 PM

Augur of the Third Age

I'm afraid I'm busy with some other asignments these days, but you are welcome to organize these hunts yourself. Just remember, the young ones are off limit, as per the quarter of wild and the Keeper's instructions.

Also to avoid further tention between the quarter of hunt and wild, it is reccomended to include a representative of the quarter of wild on the hunt. This way they can observe and if neccesary direct the hunt to other areas so that no particular breed is hunted to extinction.

Sincerely
Darjana Stargazer

Darjana Stargazer
Mini Profile
Maeven
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 08:39 AM

Sage of the Secret Ways

Lillyandra and I managed to take down a few more dragonkin. That's another eleven scale collected. I'll try and get a bit more together at some point in the near future.

Not too keen about taking any druid with me...but I suppose once they see the way the broodlings tend to want to fry me to a crisp rather than give me a hug, might change their tune. As you wish, Lady.

M

Purple Weapon
Epic Mount
user posted image
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 09:10 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times

As Warden of the Quarter of War, I feel it is my duty to object in the strongest possible terms to the ban on hunting the young dragonspawn. We all realize that the Black Dragonflight is our enemy, yes?! Then WHY do we ban our people from taking them out before they reach a size where they might impose a real threat to us, our kin, our lands??

And the balance of the steppes?! In the name of Elune, the place is a bloody hellhole! If that place is balanced right now, there is obviously something I've missed!

I say the black dragonflight should be exterminated to the greatest of our ability. No holds barred. If you see an egg, smash it. If you see a whelpling, bash it out of the air. These accursed creatures would do no less to us, if they ever had the chance. Release even one of those whelplings into a normal settlement, and it would be chaos. It would burn down the place and incinerate the populace.

Warden of the Quarter of the Wild, please explain to me and others just WHY you would ever want even one of these monsters alive??

user posted image
Mini Profile
Arydia
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 09:32 AM

Sage of the Secret Ways

There are several matters at hand here. I do not believe that the black dragonflight as a race is corrupt, in fact, I do not believe any race is capable of corrupting itself. Clearly, there is a reason why the dragonkin act the way they do, and that reason is Blackwing, and and now his eldest son Lord Victor Nefarius. There are two ways we can eliminate the dragonkin problems in the burning steppes, the first being to destroy the race of the black dragons, killing every sign of the dragonflight we see. The second is to strike at the reason behind the corruption, trying to bring an end to Blackwing’s regime.

By following through on the first option, the problem is removed as a whole. However, this solution presents a series of new problems. The black dragonflight is native to this world, unlike the remnants of the burning legion. As such, destroying them completely will without doubt have an effect on the ecosystem of Azeroth as a whole. Regardless of Blackwing’s corruption, the black dragonflight were set upon this world for a reason, as every creature has a function. I have no doubt that the black dragonflight continues to fulfil their duties to this day.

Going for the second option, we would destroy the reason of the corruption of the black dragonflight, and by doing that, we may slowly try to nurture the race back to it’s original purpose, saving the race from the flame. Of course, many of the older zealous dragons will have to die in this struggle, but the young and uncorrupted drakes have no reason to be killed.

If we resort to the first option, we play gods. It would make us nothing more than butchers and I would like to think of us as more.

As for the burning steppes – The black dragonflight has nothing to do with the state of it. The burning steppes look as they do because the dark iron dwarves had success in summoning the elemental prince Ragnaros. As far as my knowledge extends, the black dragonflight has no love for neither the elementals or the dwarves dwelling at the foot of the mountain, they simply migrated to the steppes because the coming of Ragnaros has created a perfect breeding habitat. If you want to aid in the restoration of balance in the steppes, do not strike at the dragonkin. Strike at the numerous sects of orcish warlocks and the forces of elementals deep within Blackrock Mountain.

This is my reasoning. Agree with it if you can, disagree with it if you must. Regardless, thank you for listening.

Arydia

Ya'll know what time it is, it's bed time. And by bed I mean ethnic and by time I mean cleansing.
-Robot Chicken
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 10:12 AM

Perhaps the race is not doomed to corruption, Arydia - and I grant your point that the state of Burning Steppes is the responsiblity of the Firelord and his minions.

However, the Dragonkin as a race are stained by the treachery of their masters, and until such time as those masters are slaughtered, and Deathwing himself pays for his treachery during the Sundering I cannot countenance offering mercy and acceptance to the Dragonkin.

One does not ignore the army, merely because killing their general -might- force them to disperse. The army can still ravage the forests, and where one general dies another can rise.

The indications of plans to breed a Chromatic mate for Deathwing himself are of desperate concern - by my reckoning, there are only a handful of true Dark Dragons alive now... the thought of a ressurgeance of their numbers terrifies me.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 10:58 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Druid

Logic here is always flawed. Surely if we are to slay the entire dragonflight because of their master's treachery, then we should slay our entire race for Azshara's failings. Indeed, her and her second in command were both to fault for the Sundering, more so than Neltharion.

We played gods back then, tried to rise above our station, and it ended only in pain. The next time one of our race attempted to alter the course of history, the traitor Illidan Stormrage was set free, at the cost of countless warden's lives, and one of the sons of Cenarius, and that has gained us nothing but trouble.

Who in the hells do we think we are? Guardians of the world we may be, but I dare any one of you to claim you have the right to commit genocide. Arrogance is a trait I thought we had perhaps lost in recent times, maybe I was wrong.

Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 11:04 AM

Be cautious in hasty accusations of arrogance.

There is no comparison between our people and the Dragonkin. While the Queen failed, and Illidan succumbed, we as a people rose, defeated them and sacrificed greatly to save this world.

The orcs, corrupted by the Destructor's blood, found the strength to rise above it and triumph.

Even Medivh sought redemption for his sin.

The Dragonkin have not turned against their masters, to seek redemption or oppose their evil. Should they be willing to do so, they would find me fighting at their side, as I do with the Azure flight. Until then, I see no cause for mercy to them.

I do not advocate genocide, I advocate a robust defence against a race that seems unwilling to curb itself.

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2