Powered by Invision Power Board

Wisesight's background, A presentation
Wisesight
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 06:19 PM

Seeker
Class: Hunter

I salute you, Silvereye guild members.

A week ago, I contacted Gilthas and let him know I was very interested in join this guild. He created this account for me and advice me to post an IC presentation, and that's what I'm doing. I hope you'll find it interesting smile.gif

Take into account that this is a newly created character, and I'm only level 17 at the moment. I don't know if that can be a problem for some of the adventures you are used to play.

I'm looking forward to know more of you in Circle Meeting today smile.gif (if I can assist even though I am not really a member).

NAME: Loth Wisesight

BACKGROUND

It was in the beginning of the fight against the horde, when necessity had not yet united the races against the Burning Legion, when Orcs invaded our country leaving a track of bloody corpses and scarred lands. It was there where my life changed... where I fell so deeply in the hands of grief that I though maybe never got up again.

We lived in a quiet village. We were no soldiers, just leaving in harmony with the environment and totally ignorant of the new menace arrived from the other side of the Sea.

First was the noise. A noise of clinging metal and heavy feet, feet that moved without respect for the ground they standed on, feet that smashed, and broke everything they encounter. Feet that desecrated the sacred land I was raised in.

Then were the spears. Hundreds, thousands of black spears flying through the night and tearing flesh apart, ripping Kaldorei chests and limbs, making my people scream and bleed whereever they landed. One spear hit my mother, priestess of Selune, right in her temple. A big, ugly black shadow began to grow in her head. When I got down to help her, to bring her up, I saw with desperation that nothing could be done. That's the first time I remember the dark shadow took my eyes. I went mad. Forgetting about my own security, I raged with pain and called the anger of the Night Goddess over their heads. The spears were still falling around me, but none seemed to touch me. I would have been able to charge against the whole Warsong tribe at that moment. But an elder grabbed strongly my left arm, and got me out of that hell, saving my life.

Finally was the fire. As we escaped shadowmelded from our collapsing home, I saw the flames in the horizont. They were burning our houses. Burning the trees. Nothing would grow again in the lands that saw me grow up. We could heard his nasty voices. I figured they were laughing at us. I noticed that the rage that embodied me began to dissapear, and was replaced by a bitter sadness. Losing all my self-control, I fell over the grass and cried silently.

For years I refused any Kaldorei company. I lived alone for a long, long time... seeking refuge in my own fury and in my desire of vengeance. I habited the trees and the caves, and learned the language of the winds, and of the savage beasts that lurked the forests. After the battle of Mount Hyjal and the planting of Teldrassil, I finally found my home in the Great Tree.

I had lost my mother in the raid, that happened to be my only family. My father had died many years before from a mortal wound received in a hunting party, and I had no brothers or sisters. I was alone... and it took me so many years to acknowledge my own need of being part of the community. Slowly, I commenced to take interest in Teldrassil problems. I tried to do my best to stop the Forest corruption, as I grow progressively more worried with the state of the matter. It seemed the problem would soon escape from our hands.

And it was fighting for the Kaldorei and trying to preserve the Forest that Elune, in Her endless wisdom, gave me a reason to stay alive... maybe even to rebuild my life again. After an especially hard errand from Priestess A'moora in Darnassus Temple, she considered that I was ready to know something she had preserved as a secret, fearing that I would do something dangerous for me and even the Kaldorei if I know it.

- I have to tell you about your Sister, Loth. - she said, grimly -. Yes, you have a Sister - she added, seeing the surprise in my face -. But before you celebrate these news, I have to tell you we don't know her actual location. Your mother was a good friend of me before the... incident, and one night she confessed me that she had another child before meeting your father. The only thing I know about that child is that she lived in a nearby village that was assaulted the same night that the orcs raided yours. But its habitants were luckier; a wise leader of the Orcs, a shaman, contained the uncontrollable rage of his tribe and preserved many Kaldorei as prisoners, hoping that they would play a role in a later alliance against the Burning Legion. -

I was stunned.

- Nobody was exchanged to make that alliance possible, though, and I never heard anything again about those people. If your sister was among the prisoners, or if she is still alive, I don't know. But I guess you have a right to try to find her, if she lives. The only thing I'll beg you is that you be careful; I don't want to have that guilt over my conscience.

Priestess A'moora had nothing to fear. For first time in years I had a real reason to stay alive; to find the only rest of my lost family. But it was not going to be easy; it would involve large quantities of investigation, and dangerous excursions into enemy land... maybe capturing some orcs and interrogating them. I needed allies, I need a group. I needed to stop working alone.

I had heard of a group... yes, maybe they could help... it was a respected group in Darnassus, the Circle of Silvereye. I resolved to introduce myself to some selected members and try to earn the honor of being accepted as part of the the guild.

I stared at the exit of the Temple. World looked different somehow. I had a long life before me now... and a lot of work to be done.
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options