Powered by Invision Power Board

Amowien's background
Amowien
Posted: Aug 10 2006, 02:08 PM

Seeker
Class: Rogue

I thought I might start with Amowien's background for her presentation.

Parents:
Mother - Killed
Father - Gone

Amowien grew up in small village along the coast not far from were Teldrassil is today. Here she lived with her father and mother. Her father worked hard with some good business men and her mother didn't need to work, since they were doing so well.
One day some unknown thugs came into town and they were looking for Amowien's dad, but since he was away on business, they could not find him and took her mother's life instead, among many others.
When her dad came back and saw what had happend, he grabbed Amowien and fled to the woods. Here they lived for many years, and here he trained Amowien to be the rogue she is today.
But one day Amowien woke up and she was all alone, her father was not there any more. Only a letter was left behind; saying that he had to fled again, because he had seen something he should not have seen.

And every day after this has Amowien always tried to find her lost father...

This post has been edited by Amowien on Aug 11 2006, 05:19 AM
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Aug 10 2006, 04:38 PM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Druid

If you don't mind, here are the most obvious mistakes and inconsistencies...

Amowien grew up in small village not far from Darnassus.

The problem is, Darnassus didn't exist 5000 or 6000 years ago. The introduction you hear when you make a night elf character clearly states that Teldrassil was planted (and Darnassus was built) after the last invasion of the Burning Legion, which happened four years before WoW began (probably six or so years from now). So, unless you assume that night elves somehow restored their immortality in the future and your character travelled 5000 years back in time (which happened in Warcraft universe, but rarely), what you write is impossible.

One day some defias came into town and they were looking for Amowien's dad, but since he was away on business, they could not find him and took Amowien's life instead among many others.

Now, even if we assume that Teldrassil and Defias existed some time in the past, what were the Defias doing so far away from their main base, the Deadmines in Westfall, and human lands in general? This could be explained in some way, but again, because of the previous inconsistency, it's not very likely to happen.

And also, "they took Amowien's life", meaning that your character is dead and then came back alive somehow? Perhaps you meant Amowien's mother?

These were the most obvious mistakes. I'm not the one in charge here, and I don't want to discourage newbies, but still I hope you guild members don't mind that I pointed them out.

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Darinea
Posted: Aug 10 2006, 05:22 PM

Give the girl a chance, Lekilor smile.gif

It's anyway edited now.

user posted image
When a woman says she will obey you, of her own will, it is time to sleep lightly and watch your back.
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Aug 10 2006, 05:24 PM

Ah yes, that's much better. smile.gif

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Kaldorath
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 06:05 AM

Sad story.... Sad indeed.....

*turns to Darinea*

Teach her some lore hmm? smile.gif

Damn we should get the smilie where one smilie is smacking another with a hammer! smile.gif

Shan Kaldorath Wiseleaf

Emerald Protector

-When you awaken to find your whole world taken away from you, there is no way elsewhere than forward-
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 07:55 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Personally, I find the process of fine-tuning a character's background story to be one of the most rewarding things of RPing. I spend way too much time doing it with all of my characters.

Definitely looks better now. Simple, direct, establishes theme and direction. Its not a huge novel, but leaves lots of space for character development.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Telarion
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 12:46 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Hunter

ohmy.gif Lekilor is ebul!

Some people say if you play a Windows CD backwards it plays satanic messages. That's nothing, because if you play it forwards it installs Windows!
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options