Powered by Invision Power Board

What Should The Warden Of The Wild Be Doing?
Taiev
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 10:57 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Taken from the Silvereye FAQ:

Wardens and Advisors are expected to:
  • Run and assist in the running of storylines (Advisors more than Wardens)
  • Actively watch for, and assess potential new members
  • Engage in diplomacy on behalf of the Silvereye
  • Pass on important SL information to the rest of the guild
There are two types of Warden. Wardens of the Quarter, who have larger areas of responsibility, and Wardens-at-large who have less well defined areas of responsiblity - the Warden of Secrets, for example, whos activities might carry her across many areas of responsibility. Both types are equal:
    The Quarter of the Wild:
    Feral and Balance Druids - learn to harness the beast in battle and in espionage. Ensure that the guild always has a ready supply of the bounty of nature (skinning, herbalism)
Should there be more on this list? What concrete tasks might be applicable? Gathering herbs, skinning trips in cooperation with the hunters? Regular assaults on the demons in Felwood? Why isn't this being discussed?

user posted image
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 12:36 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

I know too little of druids and how to play them to provide much useful insight here, but I'll try anyway.
What I've been seeing more and more lately in our beloved druids is the apparent struggle between the shapes. Is a druid an elf in cat-form or the other way around? And is it ok for one shape to take precedence over another? The notion frightens the socks of Sentallia and intrigues me as a player. I love shape-shifters (hell, who doesn't), and would love to get some more emphasis on this.

How do you maintain your shapes anyway? Is it merely through the grace of Elune, or do you have arduous rituals to perform, involving strange hard to get herbs? Do you need to suppress the animal using drugs? What keeps you thinking like an elf and not like said animal? How do your inherently strong connection to Elune and nature reflect on yourself? What are the rituals and traditions of the forest-dwelling druids?

A lot of these things could be put into small plots or storylines. Some of you already do, which I have been enjoying immensely. But if you put your heads together on this, approached the circle as a whole, and said we need to do this and this and this, and we need you to do this and aid us, it would be even better.

What did I actually say here? Very little, I think, and you probably know it all already. But it's my two cents at least.

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options