Powered by Invision Power Board

What Should The Warden Of The Hunt Be Doing?
Taiev
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:01 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Taken from the Silvereye FAQ:

Wardens and Advisors are expected to:
  • Run and assist in the running of storylines (Advisors more than Wardens)
  • Actively watch for, and assess potential new members
  • Engage in diplomacy on behalf of the Silvereye
  • Pass on important SL information to the rest of the guild
There are two types of Warden. Wardens of the Quarter, who have larger areas of responsibility, and Wardens-at-large who have less well defined areas of responsiblity - the Warden of Secrets, for example, whos activities might carry her across many areas of responsibility. Both types are equal:
    The Quarter of the Hunt:
    Hunters, rogues - combine the beast and the slaughter of our foes with a single shot, seek out great beasts and tame them to aid us in battle. Scout the great labyrinths and dungeons in the depths of Azeroth.

What sort of events might be arranged? Some have been suggested, but regardless of pushing by some members nothing has happened. Why not?

user posted image
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:46 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

Covert missions behind enemy lines, perhaps in conjunction with the Onyx Ascendancy or such, spring to mind. With all the potential NINJA! in this quarter, there ought to be potential for some great shadow-ops operations.

Goals could be hidden tomes for example. We know books litter the world, and that we want them. Instead of simply posting a new book to the library, why not make a small event of it, and let it be in the hands of the wizard in the top of the tower? Perhaps a bit ridiculous from an OOC point of view, but I do not really care about that. Play it...the wizard HAS the book, we WANT it, end of story!

Raids on smaller horde encampments near the coast line...by night you attack from the water, raining death and destruction upon them. The little camp near the water in Ashenvale would be a good start.

Track and follow certain members of the horde. Spy on them. Observe their doings. No phat lewt or xp await, but from an RP point of view I think it could be pretty neat.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Maeven
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 12:04 PM

Sage of the Secret Ways
Class: Hunter

Partly I think due to minimal hunters and rogues in guild, and - I'll be honest here - the acquisition of loot seem to be taking precedence. I'm also not to certain anyone can quite tell who is the Warden of the Hunt these days. It's it K? Arrina? Aerandul? I don't even know who all our hunters or rogues are.

Hunting events have been suggested, but due to trying either get people out of instances to do them or trying to find the "perfect day", things have fallen by the wayside.

Unfortunately, there is no "perfect day". We just have to pick one, preferably regularly, and do what needs doing.

I've suggested "rite of passage" hunts for new members, which can also be combined with getting in supplies for the guild bank or other things we may need. Perhaps also some exploration into dungeons and "drilling" for pulling, subterfuge and scouting wouldn't be amiss (as I know I am NOT a good puller at the moment, I'm trying to learn the mechanics).

Various drills with traps and other things may help as well, but most of all, getting all hunters and rogues together on the same page, regularly, is what I feel is needed.

Purple Weapon
Epic Mount
user posted image
The Toddler STILL pwns you
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 12:19 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

All too true. I am no expert on neither hunter nor rogues, but it is a problem that is becoming more and more evident across all classes as we get to 60. Instance grinding, instance grinding, instance grinding. Personally it leaves me cold, but that's not how a lot of people see it.

I think the only option is to both try and get people to focus less on the instancing and simply take a more laid back approach to it. I felt it myself with my dwarves and gnomes-thing. I tried running it all tight and scheduled, but that is just not possible. When I get it up and running now, it will be "this day we do this, be there or be square". End of story.

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options