Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post )

What Should The Warden Of War Be Doing?
Taiev
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:02 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Taken from the Silvereye FAQ:

Wardens and Advisors are expected to:
  • Run and assist in the running of storylines (Advisors more than Wardens)
  • Actively watch for, and assess potential new members
  • Engage in diplomacy on behalf of the Silvereye
  • Pass on important SL information to the rest of the guild
There are two types of Warden. Wardens of the Quarter, who have larger areas of responsibility, and Wardens-at-large who have less well defined areas of responsiblity - the Warden of Secrets, for example, whos activities might carry her across many areas of responsibility. Both types are equal:
    The Quarter of War:
    Warriors, rogues - maintain our arsenals (mining, blacksmithing) run martial training (duels), organise patrols in our lands, train to defeat our enemies (tanking, off tanking, pulling).

What sort of thing might fall in under this area? Patrols in ashenvale? Organised duelling? Organise outtings to AB and AV? Why isn´t this being done?

user posted image
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:39 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

First and foremost, I get to think about patrols.

1. They are RP-wise VITAL to the survival of the Silvereye and our allies.
2. They are a damn fine way of getting to know one another better and get some more RP under our skin. RP the drudgery of the patrol, have campfires and drink beer out in the wild, make and eat the food we've gathered...
3. They could be coupled with resource gathering...mining parties with bodyguards, so to speak.
4. In the perfect world, we would merge it into true adventuring parties...5 person squads, who are deeply involved in one another, and carry out missions together on a regular basis.
5. They are a good way of elaborating on the original premise of Sentinels of Dolanaar, and spreading the idea to the rest of the world.

Other than that, as for training. I haven't been doing much of it, but I would like to participate in LOTS more of it. I had a GREAT time with it outside Ironforge with some select others, and it taught me a great deal, as well as being a fun and relaxing way to hang out.

If noone else wants the hat, I am willing to take up the mantle as chief of patrols and do the organizing. But I leave that to the Warden to decide.

/salute

user posted image
Mini Profile
Telarion
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:51 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times

Just give me a honk if you want to duel some time smile.gif Be advised, freezing traps will occur tongue.gif
Also, as you might have noticed, Im nearly as active as a quester as big piece of dried fish, so when Im on..im not doing quests, unless I get some company that is.
Im actually confusing myself here, so I'll just "Garlgarlgarl!" a little wink.gif

As for patrols and otherwise, im always up for roleplay. I enjoy escaping real life:)

Some people say if you play a Windows CD backwards it plays satanic messages. That's nothing, because if you play it forwards it installs Windows!
Mini Profile
Naduni
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:53 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways

The patrols sound like an awfully good RP idea. However, hoping you won't hate me for it, I have to say that I have "better" things to do than run around places like Ashenvale. Sure it's great fun for RP'ing, but then it should be an event and not a routine.

Perhaps there is some way of blending the patrols into resource grinding like Sent mentioned. Felwood and winterspring both harbour thorium and runecloth, not to mention the reputation gain forom timbermaw and that special saber thing. Maybe organizing patrols there would be a good idea.

Oh, and the demons in southern Wainterspring have a chance of dropping the Eye of Shadow which one of our priests might be remotely interested in...
I can see lots of IC reasons why you would storm and try to kill all the demons in that place. This could be an event as well where we gather a raid group or several smaller groups of Silvereye to try and cleanse this place.

"The heart can think of no devotion greater than being shore to the ocean— Holding the curve of one position, counting an endless repetition."
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 11:58 AM

Perhaps there is some way of blending the patrols into resource grinding like Sent mentioned. Felwood and winterspring both harbour thorium and runecloth, not to mention the reputation gain forom timbermaw and that special saber thing. Maybe organizing patrols there would be a good idea.

An excellent idea! It is a great idea to combine RP events with more character related things like mining and gathering. A lot of members spend time in Felwood grinding rep, so why not make a "patrol" of it. Felwood is, after all, one of the nastier areas of our ancient homelands.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 12:22 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times

That's exactly what I mean. No need to patrol Ashenvale, we have a guardian for that already. I'm talking patrols through dangerous enemy territory, not yawning walks through nice, peaceful places. And if we really can combine it with getting our filthy hands on some hard to get items, that's only all for the better. So yes, Winterspring would be a good option to start in.

And sounds good, Tel. I'll keep that in mind.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 12:46 PM

Augur of the Third Age

not to mention the reputation gain from timbermaw and that special saber thing

Speaking as one who has tried the special saber thing, I really support this idea. It would make sense IC too. The frostsabers are being trained as mounts for war, and their trainer can't do it alone so we should support him. The first quest there to gather meat is a bit boring, but we can gather lots of rugged leather and warbear leather for our leatherworkers. The second quest (which becomes available after doing the first one 30 times, yes I've done it I'm that crazy rolleyes.gif ) involves killing furbolgs, so you raise your faction with the timbermaw at the same time. The third and final quest from him involves killing elite giants so we would need to be more for that anyway. I don't know if I'll ever finish grinding the reputation for the sabers, but it sure would be nice to have someone to talk to while doing it smile.gif

I also think the whole patrol idea is good (nomatter where we patrol), but I would suggest making the groups small and mixing people randomly together so we could really get to know eachother. I don't know half of you as well as I'd like to! smile.gif

Getting to know eachother a bit better might also solve the problem we seem to be having at the regular Dolanar and Moonrise meetings where we sit around feeling sorry for ourselves and start discussing business as usual or all the bad things that have happened recently and the mood gets worse and worse as the evening progresses. Come on! Something good must have happened sometimes in your lives! Can't we be cheerful and look at the good side of life for just one or two evenings each month? smile.gif

I'm also in favor of the duels. I learned alot from just a few duels with the circle outside Ironforge on saturday, and had alot of fun doing it. It also makes sense to train a bit now that we are more or less at war with the Onyx and have the whole pvp driven storyline going.

Anyway, that's my 2cp

Darjana Stargazer
Quando omni flunkus moritatus
Mini Profile
Naduni
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Darjana @ Nov 8 2005, 01:46 PM)
The frostsabers are being trained as mounts for war, and their trainer can't do it alone so we should support him.

Aren't they the only epic mounts outside ZG not wearing armor? ph34r.gif

"The heart can think of no devotion greater than being shore to the ocean— Holding the curve of one position, counting an endless repetition."
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:10 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times

Epic mounts without armor? I want one. I despise the Battle Cats!
That about settles it, I'd say...Winterspring sounds like THE place to be.

Will the Warden of War please comment on this? Otherwise I am just going to jump in and take the reins on this. wink.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:18 AM

The reins! The reins! You must take the reins!

*hides to avoid a beating for the gratuitous Yoda quote*

user posted image
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:19 AM

Augur of the Third Age

Aren't they the only epic mounts outside ZG not wearing armor?

I think so, that just proves how 1337 they are tongue.gif They are so good that they don't even need armor, and are only given to the most trustworthy of warriors wink.gif

Seriously though, it is a very, very *very* long grind to get reputation with their trainer, but if more are interested I'd be happy to set up some expeditions to Winterspring. The key point would be to get everyone past the first quest stage where you have to gather meat (there's surprisingly little meat on the bears in Winterspring by the way) After that you need to kill furbolgs and then a group of up to five would be able to work together and do the quest at the same time.

Darjana Stargazer
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:26 AM

This idea fits well with the "RP Patrol" idea we discussed last night, where groups of people can do game-mechanics related things together, set them in an RP context and have fun and get EPIXX at the same time.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:37 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients
Class: Druid

For those interested in the Frostsabers, see this post elsewhere on the forums for details.

I just dropped the quest after finding out what was needed *grins*.

user posted image
"I serve the Forest of the Kaldorei.. the Forest that lives in all of our hearts.."
Mini Profile
Xanthas
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:44 AM

I like the idea of patrolling, but I´m not sure is it good that they include grinding
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:49 AM

Augur of the Third Age

In case anyone is interested here is how it would look:

user posted image

But as mentioned above and in the post Gilthas linked to don't expect to see it anytime soon. You have to be *very* dedicated to get this mount.

Darjana Stargazer
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2