Powered by Invision Power Board

RP-catalyst: Hillsbrad Fields, Now where did that come from...?
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 10:54 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

As per the recommendation of brother Laythe, Jivan and I went to Purgation Island in the south-western part of Hillsbrad, in order to get Old Stabbity's blood rolling once more. After testing our mettle against the undead defenders of that accursed island, we called a tactical withdrawal, the scouting mission successfully ended, and swam to the northern shore.

What we came upon, however, was not just the sprawling fields of Hillsbrad as we had so far believed we would. We came instead on a human settlement, easily twice the size of Southshore.

user posted image

Lush vinyards were the predominant feature of the place, and the buildings were well tended and cared for. Nary a mark on the walls was to be seen, and the people living there tended to their duties as if the most natural thing.

user posted image

However...the pristineness of the place along with the odd, detached looks of the inhabitants made it clear to us that not all was as it seemed here. To the south, a haunted island, filled with the angry ghosts of paladins and mages fallen in the war. To the west, Silverpine forest, hunting grounds of the Forsaken. To the north, Dalaran, that even to this day is patrolled zealously by the remaining mages. To the east, Tarren Mill. Then how does this farming community come to lie here, unobtruced? Apart from a few soldiers, no obvious defences were to be found. There was no sign of any battle taking place at any time. The whole place seemed...detached, somehow. As if a pocket-view of time long gone by.

user posted image

Does this place actually exist, or is it a sideeffect of the immense magical energies released in the destruction of Dalaran that causes a shift in time? I propose a further investigation of this. It might yield valuable information.

user posted image

((me and Jiv came upon the place by accident, having never been there before. Really is a great place...it's a wonder it has never become an RP-hub, really. Great designed little city and lots to do in the surrounding areas))

user posted image
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Nov 24 2006, 08:37 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients
Class: Druid

(( *nods* .. you found the town of Hillsbrad itself.

See this map for a nice overview.

It's (probably, given the name) the place the area is named after.

It's also a horde questing area. I've been there with my (lvl 28 or so) troll shaman. You have to go in and kill certain named NPC's, and quite a number of non-named ones. (If you take a look at the map I linked above, the quests are listed under the map. It's the "Battle of Hillsbrad" chain.)

(1) Stand at attention while addressing me, [class].
I am under direct command of Varimathras. We are to quell the human infestation until our apothecaries can develop the new plague.
Our information leads us to believe that the town of Hillsbrad is vulnerable to attack. Your first assignment is aimed at disrupting their food supply and infrastructure.
Travel west. Raid the northernmost farms of Hillsbrad Fields. Make sure that the landowners, Farmer Ray and Farmer Getz, are executed as well.

(2) Word of the attack on the northern farms has the townsfolk panicked. Most excellent.
Our Deathstalkers report peasants fleeing to the fields in southern Hillsbrad. The fools think they can hide in the orchards and escape their doom.
Prove them wrong, [player]. Return to Hillsbrad Fields and seek out the cowering peasants. Lay waste to them in the name of our Dark Lady.
Dismissed!

(3) Hillsbrad is in disarray and we believe it will soon fall. We must, however, persist in our ruthlessness until the human scum are wiped from the foothills for eternity.
Despite their overwhelming losses, the humans rally around their leadership and keep fighting. We must eliminate their leader, Magistrate Burnside, as well as the town council. Destroy their revered political document as well, the Hillsbrad Proclamation. And while you're at it, steal the town registry.

The next two quests send you to the Azurelode Mine, and then off to the Dwarven holding of Dun Garok.

At the end, you are to go to Varimathras in the Undercity for your reward.

These days, not so many people seem to be leveling (and certainly not during the night), so it might be quiet around the area. The human settlements in Silverpine are actually quite similar (they are also Horde questing areas, so they lack the usual Alliance vendor and questgiver NPC's). It's a bit like the are in the east of Ashenvale, where the orcs are cutting down the trees. When you go there as a Horde character, you can't really interact with the orcs there.

Might be fun to do something with Hillsbrad, though smile.gif ))

user posted image
"I serve the Forest of the Kaldorei.. the Forest that lives in all of our hearts.."
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Nov 24 2006, 10:31 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Hmmm... on a PVP server one might defend these towns. For better or for worse, we would be unable to defend them against attacks - which would be really unfortunate from an IC point of view.

Its like the Horde raids on Splinterwing Post in eastern Ashenvale.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 09:31 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

Still, PvP event or not, it would be a nice place to gather for some RP at some point. The place IS more suited for humans though, no doubt about that. Oh well. biggrin.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options