Powered by Invision Power Board

Ainariell, The old kaldorei druid
Tiramisu
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 07:48 PM

Seeker
Class: Druid

((Now i hope im doing this right tongue.gif, atleast i can say here that i apply to join your guild, and hope to be welcome, character introduction is below))

The story of Tirámisu:

Born in the year thirtyfive before World of Warcraft in the small town of Dolanaar.
I lived in Dolanaar until the age of ten, that when i first found out that i was destined to become a druid.
At the age of ten i ventured around teldrasil, i did some work for an innkeeper and other people where in
need of assistance.
This was what i did untill i reached the age of twelve, where i first took the ship away from teldrasil.
The day i left Teldrasil was a hard day, since i wouldn't come back for another 20 years, now, i was destined
to take care of myself.
For the next 10 years i wandered around on the kontinent of Kalimdor, where i did both good and dirty jobs for people i had never met before, Gnomes, Dwarfs and Humans -My father once told me a story about how the gnomes had lost their beloved city of Gnomeregan and now lived in the mountains together with the Dwarfs- I got curious and wanted to know more about these races and decided to take a ship from Darkshore to Menethil Harbor. As i came to menethil i was astonished of how beautiful the wetlands where. I decided to stay here for a while and maybe take on a few jobs from random people i met. When i finally pulled myself together to get on with my life -i hadn't even kept track of time for those 5 years- i found myself on route to Ironforge, as i arrived there, the dwarfs were not happy, i dont know why, but they didnt like me. So i decided to ask someone for directions to Stormwind wich i knew was the Human capital city. A friendly gnome told me that they had built a Tram that went all the way from Ironforge to Stormwind City, i decided that, that was where i was to go.
When i came to Stormwind i was astonished of how big this city was, i had always thought that Stormwind was a small town, well maybe not small, but definetely not as big as this. I went to the park and met a Night Elf, i wondered how he had gotten here and found out that he had come from Moonglade to teach the Night Elf's here in the ways of the druid, i got curious and decided that i wanted to take a lesson or two, and learned a spell to teleport me to Moonglade, This was where i really found out that being a druid means a great deal...

...Now 35 years later, more and more night elves have come to The Eastern Kingdom. I though, am still alone, seeking friends and fellows accross Azeroth...

-----------------------------------------------

Likes and Dislikes of Tirámisu:

Likes: Moonberry Juice, Darkmoon Special Reserve, Tigers, Cookies and last but not least the Nature.

Dislikes: Bad behaviour, Beggars, Mages, Warlocks (although there is one warlock i like) and the Horde!

Temper: Mostly mild, but in some cases furious if someone takes her stuff or other things that where intended for her.
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 08:16 PM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways

Not to scare off newbies or anything, but here are a few simple facts from Warcraft lore that your story seems to completely ignore:

1. Teldrassil has only existed for about 5 years.
2. Night elf adulthood age is 300.
3. Night elves have been in contact with other races of the Alliance (and the Eastern Kingdoms) only for about 5 or 6 years.

These are very common mistakes, as you can easily see by other stories. smile.gif But still I believe that chronology should not be ignored.

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Charisa
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 10:59 PM

It´s understandable that we build backgrounds on basis what we know. These are not very bad mistakes. Hundreds years of history is a bit impossible task to do for a fresh character as it would involve such exciting things as: "the next 150 years I ate, slept and visited friends" smile.gif
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:18 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times

QUOTE (Lekilor @ Jan 12 2007, 09:16 PM)
Not to scare off newbies or anything, but here are a few simple facts from Warcraft lore that your story seems to completely ignore:

1. Teldrassil has only existed for about 5 years.
2. Night elf adulthood age is 300.
3. Night elves have been in contact with other races of the Alliance (and the Eastern Kingdoms) only for about 5 or 6 years.

These are very common mistakes, as you can easily see by other stories. smile.gif But still I believe that chronology should not be ignored.

1: Correct smile.gif

2) 110 years, being precise.

3) That is correct in terms of any modern night elf. However exceptions would be made for any explorers, or anyone old enough to have met the earthen in the War of the Ancients.

But I agree. They are common mistakes and found in many stories, so nothing to get worried about. Simply become as sad as we are and read up on lore a bit, especially timelines, and then edit your story slightly.

Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 08:16 AM

It´s understandable that we build backgrounds on basis what we know. These are not very bad mistakes. Hundreds years of history is a bit impossible task to do for a fresh character as it would involve such exciting things as: "the next 150 years I ate, slept and visited friends"

Hehe. smile.gif

But, you know, night elves are like this. They can indeed "eat, sleep and visit friends" for 150 years. The solution, I believe, would be to skip it to the interesting part, as we see it with our human eyes. wink.gif I did it that way, and I ended up writing the most of my character's story based on in-game events that happened to him. smile.gif

As for chronological mistakes, sorry, but in my eyes the whole story falls apart when I see them. Sometimes they are very easy to correct, sometimes you end up in a very hard situation because of them...

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 10:38 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

In terms of chronology, it is perfectly possible to have characters that diverge from the general timeline (we have a few in the guild) but it needs explanation and attention to detail to pull it off.

A good place to start is here. If you want your background to diverge from this, then have a careful think about why this happenned, and how this adds to your character.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 10:41 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients

user posted image
"I serve the Forest of the Kaldorei.. the Forest that lives in all of our hearts.."
Mini Profile
Charisa
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 11:30 AM

I did it that way, and I ended up writing the most of my character's story based on in-game events that happened to him. smile.gif

This is exactly what I did aswell. I have/had no idea of World of Warcraft lore, so I decided to keep my background a bit fuzzy at least and start developing the character on basis what happens in the game. I still don´t know much about wow lore, and I´m not even bothered to study it that much.

Besides, the lore of wow is just a story of the past and therefore a very subjective view. Stories of Mount Hyjal (or whatever) might be told a bit different in horde side. I´m not talking now about the objective, accurate, flawless history that has been printed in to Blizzard books, but the history that people of Azeroth experiences, interprets and lives with.

Mini Profile
Tiramisu
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 01:18 PM

Seeker

Okay, now i need to know when Teldrasil was "founded" and for how long the night elves lived at mount hyjal, i have read some of the lore of the night elves, but havent found any timeline that describes these two "events", the only thing i can find is that the night elves after "the great sundering" (i think it was that but im not sure though) moved to mount hyjal, and later to Ashenvale...
Mini Profile
Kaldorath
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 04:50 PM

Teldrassil has only been around for like... Four or five years. The Night Elves have lived near Hyjal for ten-thousand years. They accualy had their "new homeland" in Ashenvale but since Illidian managed to make a second Well of Eternity, Nordrassil was made over it at Mount Hyjal to safeguard it... This is why the elves stayed near Hyjal. To avoid the same mistakes from happening again.

Shan Kaldorath Wiseleaf

Emerald Protector

-When you awaken to find your whole world taken away from you, there is no way elsewhere than forward-
Mini Profile
Jivan
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 05:05 PM

Augur of the Third Age
Class: Rogue

Or say screw it and play a character with a shadowy past then bolt random events on as and when you feel like it.

Worked for me, cept I wrote down too many random events and now im running out of history in which to make sense of them.

On second thoughts perhaps my approach is not the most sensible.
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options