Powered by Invision Power Board

A plain letter
yliana
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 01:32 AM

Seeker
Class: Hunter

((well, hi there. I would like to add before i start that i'm relative new to roleplaying and havent been doing it for too long, but i am really interested in joining a good rp community and give myself))

Hi there sister and brothers, i woud like to tell some, maybe most of my story to you guys, i should start with my own name and that would be Yliana Liana.

I dont remember too much from my early childohood, as most. but one day i do remember, and that was the day my parents was reported missing, my dad, a noble warrior of elune and my mother, a priestess so beautiful that she took the breath out of people.
when i was still to young to choose my own path, and to old to have any "childly" thoughts, my mother and father went away. i dont remember what war they went to, i only remember it was against the Ugly and disgusting Demons.
well.
when i heard the roumors that my mother and father was missing, i was in a state of panic, i couldnt do anything..most of the time i only sat either out under the stars, or far on top of a tree watching the forest.
when i came to myself again, i decided that i should travel to Dolnaar to buy some food, i used to hunt the food i could myself. but i hadnt for ages and i was out of food. well there, i met my cousin, he could tell me a far diffrent story of what happened to my parents, than anyone had done earlier
he told me that my parents weren't lost ot gone missing, they where dead.
he told me that he and my parents had scouted demon grounds, and had set up a little camp not so far from where the demons where to watch and see what the demons where up too, he told me that my father was the one to have the first watch. and in the middle of the night, my cousin woke, and there was full chaos around him, my mother was standing on top of a hill and she where trying her best to tend the wounds my father seemed to get more and more of. she looked so beautifull where she stood, my cousin told me.
he joined the battle, but soon he realised that the demons where too many, that the little 3 man group didnt have a chance. so he yelled for retreat to the deeper woods, where he knew the demons wouldnt follow. and as they fled head over heel my father got hit by a large fireball and burned to death, my mother of course tried to heal him and help him, but it was to late..
my mother kindness was what killed her, she knew that my father was dead, but she kept trying to save him.. and she died in his arms.
my cousin lived to tell me this because he found a place to hide he told me. he hid inthill a patrol of Niight elves came by his hiding grounds.

I was of course still silent, and i had already faced the fact that i wouldnt see my parents anymore.

I gathered myself, and went off to the elders, i knew was at the top of the largest tree in teldrassil.

well there, i told them that i wanted to join the fight, i wanted to be a brick in the war, that i wanted to grew strong and defend my ancestors grounds as well as my own homelands.
they only told me i was to young, that i didnt have enough insigt and hadnt knewn my own ways yet
well, i was angry of course, but i knew that i couldnt do this myself so i had to have help.

i begged the council i said that i would prove myself for them, if they just gave me the chance to do so.
i got accepted, after long and hard battles between me and the council.
and as i was tested in diffrent skills. they found out that i was very good with a bow, and that i had an certain animalistic feature in me. their animals seemed to like me, and respect me

i went trough a long and hard training, and i learned how to tame my own beast, and make it my friend and follower. i've allways respected beasts, and between me and my pet, there is allways equality. if i eat food, he gets some, if i sleep, he sleeps or of course stands guard.

after the long training, i set off to darnassus, and later took the boat from ruth'eran to Auberdine, there i ran some errands for my sisters and brothers, and tried to get myself some combat experience. i knew that i was far to young and weak to defend what i found right defending.

One day i found myself in the large human town of Stormwind, i had traveled there to see more of the world, and get some other kind of training..but i didnt like the place, there where people that handled deamons, that actually trained demons. i found it disgusting.
i walked around, trying not to think too much about the warlocks, as they called themselves..i went to the guilded rose inn too get someplace to sleep, i got a room and sat down to eat some dried meat i had in my bag..and there she stood, lisa((lisami))...she was glancing over too me, and finaly she asked why i was in stormwind, so far from my homelands...i answered her that i was out on an exploration journey. too see more of the world.
that little talk we had there, was the beginning of a friendship that has now grown into almoast being related to eachother, that's atleast how we feel.

well, that was all i have time to write now, i hope to hear from you guys soon and take care.

((OOC: well, this is a part of Ylianas story, its of course shortned down a little, and that may turn the quality a bit down. i'm looking forward to be talking more to you guys in game, if you have any questions, be welcome to ask them,))

user posted image
What was lost, can never be found. But what cant be found, still lives in us
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:13 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

There are some specific lore related issues in your background, Yliana - the most important of which is the relative timescales involved. Darnassus is only 4 years old, and generally there was no regular contact with the other races before that, so it would be difficult to explain a half-caste child who is older than three or four years of age.

That said, anything is possible, assuming you take the time to put a solid and wel- thought-through story into place. But it will need to be a good one. ^^

With regard to the rape storyline, it is important to realise that this is potentially a sensative subject and needs to be handled with care. It is a topic that can easily wake unpleasant memories, or offend. Its tricky ground, so tread it carefully.

In the meantime, here are some good official information resources:
The official timeline
Official information on the Kaldorei

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options