Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post )

New members page!
Taiev
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 02:29 PM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Thanks to the loveliness of Elohir/Laenas, we have managed to put together a new member information page for the guild! You will find it on www.silvereye.dk under "Circle of the Silvereye". Click "Create New" to get started on adding your character to the site!

You must enter a Demeanour and a Nature. (more about those, here)

The password is Elune2005.

For those of you who have already done a character background, you can find them here

user posted image
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 03:18 PM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Druid

What's wrong with the wiki? It's a very easy and convenient way of adding and editing information like this. I see no reason for duplicating it on another page.

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 04:18 PM

The wiki is going to be dropped, simply because it doesnt get used. The new member's page is aesthetically integrated into the original page layout and offers a single streamlined function - that being to create, display and edit characters.

Also, note that the new system allows WYSIWYG editting, without having to use wiki markup.

Finally, and most importantly, it is simple, and does not require explanation of how to create a new page, or how to edit an existing one, or what should go where, and what should I edit, and where should I write the [[]] to get a link, and a host of other issues.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 05:44 PM

Also, note that the new system allows WYSIWYG editting, without having to use wiki markup.

Where? All I found is a text editor that just uses the HTML code instead of the wiki code, which is far less intuitive IMHO.

While we're at it, I'd also like to report a problem that can get a bit annoying if you edit your page often. The rank and picture settings are reset to "Keeper" and "empty picture" every time you start editing a page, so basically you have to specify the picture and the rank every time you edit your character page.

Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 06:17 PM

You dont need to re-enter the picture. It retains the one you have already entered. The rank statement resetting is a bug. I will see if it can be fixed, without too much difficulty.

There should be a WYSIWYG text editor implemented - a tinyMCE, I think, just above the text field. Are you using IE7 or FF2? Also, you should be able to post any preformatted text (like the result text displated on the wiki) and paste it in, and it should retain the formatting nicely. Thats what I did wink.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 06:21 PM

I normally use Opera, and when I tried to open the editor in IE, I have indeed seen the WYSIWYG buttons. The formatting was also lost when I pasted the background from the wiki in Opera, I had to redo it manually.

Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 08:06 PM

I thought it might be a browser issue... that is the real hell of doing web-design, especially since what works in one browser can well break another browser to bits sad.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 01:00 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times

Odd. I too use Opera (much better than IE and Mozilla ^^) and I have the same issue, not that it matters. However, I never had a problem with the crescent moon site. It doesn't break anything, but.. hm, sec.

here's what it looks like http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/Aeriedoll/error.jpg

Mini Profile
Nasheen
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 11:06 AM

Class: Warrior

Im really confused now, i checked on our forum on the circle but i see no new member page. Can someone please place a direct link to the named page? And is it on our website or theirs? Cause i find it a bit weird that we place our information about us on their website if thats the case.
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 11:24 AM

Go to www.silvereye.dk and then click on the Circle of the Silvereye link.

user posted image

You can view characters by clicking on their names, as well as create a new character, or log in to edit existing ones. The password in all cases is Elune2005.

A few things to note:

1. You only need to upload an image once. This image aligns to the right of the page, and the text flows around it automatically. Take this into account when you choose an image. The widest possible image is 750 pixels. Wider images may case wierdness.

2. the rank level resets every time you edit the page (which is a bug, yes:) )

user posted image
Mini Profile
Nasheen
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 11:26 AM

Ah thanks, i was looking like mad on the forum hehe
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 11:27 AM

^^ If you have any problems with it, let me know smile.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Venia
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 05:58 AM

Added mine. Venia's demeanor/nature make her look so much worse than everyone else tongue.gif

"You may find that you can read me like an open book, but you'll quickly find this book is more of a mystery novel. Who knows what the shocking conclusions will be, hrmm?"

10 years post Hyjal;
"Venia - what happened to you? Did you fall or were you pushed?"
"Fall? Pushed? Hah. I leapt, and I soared."
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 08:16 AM

^^

user posted image
Mini Profile
Lekilor
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Venia @ Oct 22 2007, 08:58 AM)
Added mine. Venia's demeanor/nature make her look so much worse than everyone else tongue.gif

Competitor/Deviant? That's no big deal, there are far worse types, and some more important members possess them. smile.gif

Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2