Powered by Invision Power Board

Lyellana's tale, Lyellana and the Moonsong family
Lyellana
Posted: Oct 28 2007, 03:03 PM

Seeker
Class: Priest

((this is Lyellana's story, starting with the her parents from ancient times to present day))

*Lyellana sat down slowly as the twilight grew to a slight dark within the forests of Ashenvale...picking her robes from the headboard of the bed, she stood up, removing her sleeping gown, eventually donning her silver and blue robes, fixing her reinforced silk shoulder protection pauldrons she moved eventually downstairs on the balcony of the inn giving her a lovely of the Astranaar lake, removing a small notebook from her bag, she lounged on the sofa. Her eyes closed for a mere moment, then opened and her gaze moved toward the Silvery moon in the sky, smiling toward the silvery orb. Her hand moved toward an ink bottle and a quill, dipped the Hippogriff feather's tip in the blue liquid ....she tried to write the first letter on a blank page....eventually she began and words began taking shape on the fine pages of her notebook*.

Who I am... perhaps should not be told now. I should begin with the two figures that represent everything for me. My parents Melithar Moonsong and Ellyndra Moonsong. From what I know from them they met a long time ago, before the Sundering. Back then they lived in a small town called Constellas in what is today Felwood. My father came from a family of craftsmen. My grandfather was a leatherworker and my grandmother a herbalist. My own father's childhood was a tranquil one until the age of 250 when due to his golden eyes he was taken by the Cenarion Circle to be trained as a druid. This was all before any problems began...with about one hundred years. Slowly the Highborne grew even more distant from us ...they began delving recklessly in arcane magic, forgetting nature's magic....the ways of Cenarius.

From what he told me his uncle was a member of the High Society changed radically... one evening when my father had returned to visit my grandparents from Felwood my uncle was there. Derothas Moonblade was his name and he was my grandmother's brother. In a fit of arrogance and anger my father witnessed his own parents struck down by an arcane bolt from my uncle..... Having been educated to keep his calm he did his best not to strike down Derothas but the death of both parents made my father Melithar fly in a rage...feral instinct bursting out....and after some long seconds Derothas Moonblade lay down dead at the frenzied claws of the towering bear whom my father had shapeshifted into.

The other Kaldorei closed in ...frightened perhaps. The Death of a Highborne would draw in the wrath of the Moonguard....my father had returned to his normal form looking upon his parents he attempted to heal them but to no avail .. his knowledge of nature's ways was not that extensive... Only one girl, his childhood friend, Ellyndra approached him, attempting to calm the young druid down. Eventually he did calm but he had to leave. If he was caught he would have been executed by the corrupt Highborne for what he had done. Bidding farewell to Ellyndra with sadness in his eyes he took the shape of a Saber making his way eventually to find Malfurion Stormrage.

Under the counsel of the elder druids he travelled to Winterspring being assigned to rally a small militia in the village called Starfall. ..... demon attacks originating from the Well became more and more intense.

Unfortunately Constellas after his deed and despite the resistance of the populace was a mere smoldering ruin suffering the wrath of the Highborne Sorcerers. Ellyndra and several others had survived having taken the weapons and joined the Kaldorei resistance turning out in Starfall. Rejoicing to see them Melithar did his best to find an appropriate shelter for them. Yet secretly when everyone was resting his meetings with the young Ellyandra became more and more frequent in time and despite the hardships of attacks their relation blossomed into love.

Surviving the implosion of the Well of Eternity both of them decided to settle down and build a house in Starfall village...where after my father fell into the Dreamways of the Emerald Dream, my mother remained.

I came to life in the trainquility of Starfall...I remember that first moment even now. I remember seeing my mother's face smiling down at me, her silvery eyes, long silver hair.... *a small tear flows down on Lyellana's cheek, which she gently wipes with a white silken tissue, continuing to write*. She had joined the Watchers in the mean time...but as I grew up under the care of a lady called Stellyana Snowbreeze, i received the first steps of my education, such as writing, music, poetry, basic healing, herbalism. Despite the cold I loved my life in Starfall as a child. My mother would come every week or even more often from the Barrow Prisons so she could spend time with me as father was in the Dreamways. She put first a sword in my hand teaching me the basics.. yet my mind was not at war ...

Then after two hundred years of tranquility and peace ... a rider battered and injured came from the Barrow prisons, one of my mother's colleagues. Collapsing just before our door, her gloved hand gripping my dress and she whispered "The High .... Priestess has .. freed the Betrayer....... many dead....Ellyandra... is now with the Goddess"...she then passed out as i managed to hold her....tears flowing down on my face....How could one who had protected us for ten thousand years do such a thing .. murder her own Sisters ... Califax, a son of Cenarius.... release Illidan Stormrage. That moment I felt a wave of warmth... of light passing through me as I called the Goddess' name the Watcher's wounds closing before me ...an expression of awe omnipresent over the faces of those in the house ....

At first I did not know what had happened but Lady Snowbreeze came close trying to soothe me. To no avail .. a desire for vengeance took root in my heart.....after hours and hours of crying I fell asleep....

((to be continued))
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options