Powered by Invision Power Board

Low level Alts and Storyline Quests, An idea
Taiev
Posted: Oct 4 2007, 09:11 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

One of the problems with organising events is that oftentimes any NPCs or real-world opposition is far too easily overcome by a bunch of locked and loaded level 70s. While this can be useful for events where we dont want to have trouble with the wildlife (social events come to mind here) it does render events like patrols in Ashenvale a little moot.

So, I was thinking that we might begin a series of "patrol" type events where we play alternative class versions of our main characters (or actual low level alts, if that would be preferable). I have Taiév, who is a lvl 19 rogue, for example.

We could decide on an evening, and meet up in Astranaar with low level characters for events that can interact with the quests in zone on a more "real" level.

What do you think?

user posted image
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Oct 4 2007, 10:25 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients
Class: Druid

Would / could be fun, I think. Though it helps when those characters are quite close together in level for it to really work.
"Quite close" being within (preferably) 5 levels of each other, or at most in a 10-level bracket.

Maybe see if more people have suitable characters / alternative versions for this ? I do find that I should "put aside" a character for something like this, if I'm having too much fun playing a character, they then to put on a leveling spurt (until I get distracted, that is wink.gif ).

If we get to (for example) the upper 20-s with a group, we could try to add in the occasional PvP BG as well, perhaps.

In the "lowbie" level range, I have Gilthás (lvl 21 Nelf hunter; for some reason, the idea of an alternate Gilth didn't quite "click" with Lyrd when we tried some quests together, though); a lvl 27 Nelf hunter (my "secret" (sort-of ph34r.gif ) alt); Starstone (lvl 27 human mage, 'Tailor to the Silvereye' wink.gif )..

Much lower, Yalvor (13 Draenei actor / pally), 2 bankers, Rozencrantz & Guilderstern (lvl .. 2 and 5 gnome rogues, I think)

And higher, Taladar (58) and Gilth (70)

And 2 hordies (27 troll shaman and 30 Belf hunter).

And then I ran out of slots smile.gif (I want to be able to buy more, like in GW cool.gif .

user posted image
"I serve the Forest of the Kaldorei.. the Forest that lives in all of our hearts.."
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 7 2007, 11:28 AM

So, we could think about scheduling a patrol for next week, perhaps on wednesday? I'll create a post about it in the Events thread.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Nasheen
Posted: Oct 8 2007, 08:45 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Warrior

Shouldn't we make up a lvl arangement? So that we all are about the same lvl with our low lvl alts? And if it is this wednessday im not sure if can be there than, since im not a fast lvler and get bored of low lvl alts quickly i tend to not lvl them as often and fast as it should.
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 8 2007, 10:22 AM

*nods* It makes sense to try and keep the levels together, perhaps with an agreement to play in a party on specific dates? if you fall behind (because you cant attend) you can level up to join in, but you should not level past the group (because that would kind of defeat the purpose).

user posted image
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 05:16 PM

I may be on a little after 20:00, but I will be around smile.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 09:33 AM

Sorry I couldn't be there due to RL reasons, I really like this idea of making a "play / level together" group ( I got some nice memories of when I was with a bunch of Silvereye leveling from the high 30-s to the low 50-s or so. I did drop behind at some point because I went on holiday) smile.gif

What level are we aiming for at the moment ?

And what classes do we have right now ? (not that I have a lot of choice right now tongue.gif )

user posted image
"I serve the Forest of the Kaldorei.. the Forest that lives in all of our hearts.."
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 01:18 PM

We are aiming for a start range of 20-24ish. Currently, we have a priest, and a rogue being levelled, and a rogue at 18 (me)

user posted image
Mini Profile
Gilthas
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 03:30 PM

As said, I have a hunter-Gilth at 21 (at the moment), or I could level Yalvor (the actor-paladin) a bit more, and get him to 20-ish at some point. Would give us a tank, should we wish to try an instance at some point. I do need to practice pally-tanking then, though smile.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 04:05 PM

We should work a pool list of characters, and levels and so on. That could be nice. Perhaps revive the Academy idea?

user posted image
Mini Profile
Lillyandra
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 04:16 PM

Augur of the Third Age

I have no room to create an alt, or any active alts atm sad.gif Unless you count the bank char. And no, I will not be playing my bank char, last time I experimented with that it had odd side-effects. *peers at Shali vs Lilly play time*

user posted image
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 07:58 AM

The Ashenvale Patrol is now a recurring event, every wednesday at 2000. Characters out of the level range are encouraged to attend, to participate in the RP.

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options