Powered by Invision Power Board

Converting the unfaithful
Aela
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 10:23 PM

Worshipper of the Way
Class: Priest

Seeing as how I enjoy tinkering with the mind of others.. Priest training allows me to delve into the mind of others, controlling them, basically. It is not terribly useful, most of the time, but in some situations it truly can turn the tide of a battle, if you know what you are doing, that is. And when might this be? Let me tell you..

((Shamelessly stolen from Alriah's guide on the priest forums, she's done quite a bit of research! And here it is..))

Dire Maul North

Gordok Brutes - Very High dps/stun/knockback/high hp/tanks very well and can keep aggro

Gordok Warlock - Banish (Can banish anything)/Curse of tongues/immolate/shadowbolt

Gordok Reavers - Cleave/mortal strike/armor sunder/high hp/good tank

Gordok Mage-Lord - Frostbolt/60% 30 second haste buff/flamestrike

Gordok Captain - Instant shadowbolt attack/fear/high hp

Zul'Gurub
(Note : Am not sure of names of these)

Troll shadowcaster - Shadow volley for 1k+ and a 2 second shadow bolt spell for 1k+ dmg, single target. Can find these at the spider boss area and can use them to AE/clear spiders. Unsure of correct name.

Zul'Gurub Champions - Charge/stun/strike for high dmg, mainly found near bloodlord area, unsure of name.

Zul'gurub Headhunters - Mortal strike(Melee)/ranged strike/ranged dot/Throw (Ranged shot)

Zul'gurub Witchdoctors - Hex (Turns people into frogs)/Frog swarm (Spawn those frogs! MCed don't get frog detonate though)/??

Zul'gurub Blooddrinkers - AE healthtap/health funnel (Not 100% sure how this works but I 'think' it heals someone for around 5k and takes 5k out of the blood drinker's life, testing needed)

Zul'gurub axe throwers - Enrage (% dmg increase by a large amount)/Axe whirlwind (AE attack)/Throw (Ranged attack)

Zul'gurub priests - None are mind controllable, forget about healing group with them.

Stratholme Scarlet Crusader Side

Crimson Sorcerer - Polymorph/Arcane Missiles/Fireblast/counterspell/Very very high dps while spamming AM/blast and polymorph on those 4 pulls are VERY useful
Note : Spells may do more dmg than tooltipped due to a non-player MCable skill which increases their spell dmg. I've had AMs hit for 800+ non crit every 1.5 seconds with these guys if they use it as I try to cast MC on them

Crimson Priest - Power Word : Shield/Heal (Large)/Holy fire (High dmg, long cooldown)
Note : Power word shield from these npcs STACK with priest version. As the PW:S from npc DOES NOT GIVE WEAKENED SOUL DEBUFF. PW:S x2 on someone = invul almost, only limiter is cooldown.

Crimson Battle Mage - Blast Wave/Arcane Explosion
Note : Ever envy mages for their AEs or hate how crappy holy nova is? Mind control one of these and let her/him rip on 3-4 npcs. It's just rediculous the dmg they pump out and it makes mages cry!

Crimson Gallant - Holy Strike(Holy dmg)/Crusader Strike(Increases holy dmg, debuff)/Devotion aura or Retribution aura (I forget which it was)
Note : Bring a paladin and make them cry using these guy's skills. Very high dps for a melee npc. The aura from the npc paladin WILL overwrite player paladin aura if they put up the same auras. Player paladin can put up other auras though.

Crimson Conjurer - Fireblast/frostnova/frostbolt
Note : No you can't summon elementals

Crimson Initiates - Flash heal/Mindblast/Renew (Ticks for 200-300+)/Mana burn(?)

Crimson Monk - Thrash (2 extra attacks)/Snapkick (Stun/knock down)

Crimson Guardsman - Charge/shield bash/disarm

Crimson Defenders - Paladin immunity shield/Hammer of Justice (stun)/Heal/Aura(?)

Crimson Inquisitors - Shadow word pain/crappy other skill

Stratholme Baron/Dead side

Thuzudian Necromancer - Soul Tap (Mana/hp drain)/Bone Armor/Shadowbolt(?)
Note : Bone armor is like PW:S but lasts longer and absorbs a LOT more dmg, low cooldown

Black Wing Lair
(Note : Need more testing on npc there...)

Master Elemental Shaper Krixx - Teach Smelt Elementium

Black Wing mage - Arcane Explosion (large amount of dmg)/other skill(?)

Upper Black Rock Spire

Black Hand Assasin - Backstab/gouge (3 sec disorient)/slice and dice (haste speed buff)

Throwing mobs off the bridge before Drakk's room will cause them to reset after about a minute. Good make-shift Crowd control.

Scholomance

Too many to list and I forget the different names and abilities that go with them. Will get back to this soon.

Blackrock Depths

The Medics in BRD have a powerful AoE heal and a great single target heal.. usually making them more powerful healers than you.

Arathi Basin

Mind controlling people off the mill cliffs, takes about 50% of thier health away.

Blackfathom Deeps

Blackfathom Oracle - Healing Wave and Parasite (DoT poison)

Blackfathom Sea Witch - Blizzard, Frost Ward, Frost Armour, Frost Nova.

Blackfathom Myrmidon - Disarm.

Blindlight Murloc - Defensive stance and sunder armour.

Blindlight oracle - Lightning Bolt, renew, heal.

Blindlight Muck Dweller - Leech Poison (Health-leeching DoT)

Murkshallow Snapclaw - Disarm.

Twilight Loreseeker - Enlarge (Increases size and damage for 30 seconds) Slow.

Twilight Aquamancer - Frostbolt.

Twilight reaver - Arcing smash(Melee AoE cone)

Twilight Acolyte - Heal, Renew.

Twilight Shadowmage - Shadowbolt, Dominate mind (Up to 42.).

Twilight elementalist - Earth Shock, Flame shock, Frost Shock, and Shock.

Gelihast - Net, Battle Stance.

Lady Sarevess - Forked Lightning (AoE cone), Frost Nova, Slow, Shoot.

Scarlet Monestary - Library

Scarlet Gallent - Crusader strike (43 damage, increases holy damage taken, and stacks 5 times), Hammer of justice

Scarlet Beastmaster - Shoot, Exploding Shot (Normal damage +25 to all nearby targets.

Scarlet adept - Heal, and Holy Smite.

Scarlet Diviner - Fireball, Mana drain.

Scarlet Chaplain - Inner fire, PW: Shield, Renew.

Scarlet Monk - Thrash (Two extra attacks), kick. (These guys can almost kill two diviners solo if the MC lasts the full duration)

Mind Control Buffs

Scarlet Medic - Located in Felstone Field, WPL. - Have the Resist Arcane buff that lasts one hour and gives 70-82 arcane resistance.

Vile Tutor - Located in EPL - Have the Dark Whispers buff which increases damage done by shadow spells by 35 for 10 minutes.

Venture Co. Geologist - Located in Stranglethorn Vale - Have Quick fire ward: Fire Damage Immunity for 10 seconds. And Fire Shield II Deals 11-13 fire damage to anyone that strikes you. Lasts one minute.

Twilight Emissaries - Located in BRD - give the Fury of Ragnaros buff which Increases Magical Damage done by 25 for 30 minutes.

"The Paladins"(?) - Located in BRD - Have a devotion aura which while controlled gives about +1000 armour to all nearby party members.

Scarshield Spellbinder - Located in UBRS - Fire Resistance, buff that gives +83 Fire Resistance for 60 minutes.

Crimson Initiate - Located in Scarlet Strath (Scholomance too?) - Have a shadow resist buff which decreases shadow damage taken by 87.

Gordok Mage-Lord - Located in Dire Maul, North - Bloodlust, Increases Melee attack speed by 60%, lasts 30 seconds.

Twilight Loreseeker - Enlarge (Increases size and damage for 30 seconds)
[ post Made by Alriah of Boulderfist]

I am a leaf on the wind
watch me soar
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 08:33 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

*starts fearing Aela even more than before*

*Johnny Rico as he sees his psychic friend mind-control a ferret*
"I sure hope you never do that to me" *nervous chuckle*
*Psychic friend, whose name I forgot*
"I can't do human. Yet."

user posted image
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 09:23 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Druid

I am so rolling a priest......

Mini Profile
Menothras
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 02:45 PM

Worshipper of the Way
Class: Warrior

thanks aela

I am definently copying these strategems down in my book

M

In the unknown and beyond we will grow like the wildest of flowers. And in the darkest forests of Azeroth we will prevail with the means that has been given to us. Since the beginning of time.
Mini Profile
Kyndra
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 08:07 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients

I've always had something against MC-ing. I don't know why really, I think it's because Aela keeps MC-ing the one I'm fighting .. and then I start fighting another one and then she banishes that one tongue.gif

all crazyness aside, I hate how much aggro it generates for the priest. It's quite tough for me to regain aggro after MC breaks. It's quite unreliable as well as I heard it sometimes breaks after a few seconds.

That said .. it can ofcourse be very useful. You take one mob out of combat and let him fight for you. Just have to make sure there is someone else taking over the healing for you wink.gif

And never MC-pull without telling your party(leader). Happened to some parties I led and it pissed me off greatly smile.gif

user posted image
Mini Profile
Onathi
Posted: Jan 9 2006, 09:24 AM

Augur of the Third Age

On the other hand, in some places it's an excellent thing to do. Killing Battle Mages in Strat Scarlet side is pure fun (ooc of course tongue.gif ) using MC. MC the Battle Mage, use his / her AoE against the others, the others kill the mage, sheep one, kill other, kill sheep. All done. The MC can release, but then it's easily sheepable, taking the ohters out. Works everytime. Oh, and I forgot. It works everytime you take a little time to actually explain to people what they are supposed to do. Oh, and I forgot, it doesn't apply to fools, of which there seems to be a considerable quota of in PUGs.
Mini Profile
Kyndra
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 11:58 AM

Advisor unto the Ancients

hehe I know it can be useful. If everyone knows what to do. and you tell them beforehand.

I've had it happen to me lots that the priest started charging and mc-ing all of a sudden.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Onathi
Posted: Jan 11 2006, 08:33 AM

Augur of the Third Age

That's great fun too!
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options