Powered by Invision Power Board

What Are We?
Kyndra
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 01:54 PM

Advisor unto the Ancients
Class: Druid

Greetings everyone,

As some of you might know I have never gotten any formal druid training. I tried to understand the gifts Elune granted me myself. Trying to train them the best I could. Going deep into the forest where no Kaldorei was around, I just stayed with the wild, with the animals.

When I was as the gathering of all the druids, both night elven and Tauren, there was a troll who was killing animals .. after a few I couldn’t stand it anymore and tried to punish him myself .. I failed and lady Erynia finished the job, which wasn’t such a good idea of her, but that’s not what I wanted to talk about. Most of the druids got angry and mad with me and that was the end of that meeting. Most blaming me, or actually blaming lady Erynia, but that was because of me.

What I wanted to ask is .. what is the purpose of us druids? I always believed I was granted my .. abilities from Elune. Is this true? Or does it just require some training and then anyone can use them?
I believed I was enacting balance when I tried to attack the troll. Was I wrong? If I had done nothing .. would Elune have found a different way? Maybe have him attacked by random animals or something? If this is so .. is it pointless that I want to protect these animals?
Lady Arydia told me about the circle of life. That is those animals die they will return to the beast and they will be reincarnated .. and nothing would be lost. If that is true. Then I don’t know what I am supposed to with these abilities. Lacking the wisdom most of the circle seems to have, all I feel I’m left for is a machine made for killing. I don’t like that feeling at all.

I hope someone could help me with these questions.

Sincerely,

Kyndra

user posted image
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 02:12 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times

*Aerandul smiles softly*
We are assisstants to nature. Our powers are granted to us by that which we serve, Azeroth. It is said, and believed by some, that Ysera is in fact Elune. If this is true, then you could say our powers are granted by Elune, I suppose, as Ysera is the Aspect of the nature dragonflight.
Lady Arydia is correct, about the circle of life. Though it could be imagined better as a...

*Aerandul pauses briefly*

aah, yes, the human number eight. Everything travels in the circle, from birth, to death. Once they reach that end, the spirit moves on to the dream. There it rests, and regenerates, and ysera, or one of her assistants, replaces it into a new form.
We are all needed, Kyndra, because of such things as the Scourge, and what we saw in the Wailing caverns. These things disrupt that circle, or path. We are tenders of it, and must make sure things go as they are supposed to.

As an old friend once said to me, "Nothing in this world is created, or destroyed. It is merely moved". This is one thing we must remember. Arcane magics defy this, and therefore are chaotic, not bound or safe. We must be wary of those that wield them, and warn others.
Another line that fits, and has helped me find my way through the years of pure hell, is, "In a land of eternal summer, there is no Autumn Harvest". Everything has a good, and a bad, and there is no stopping it without utterly ruining balance. Do not be so hard on yourself Kyndra, I have explained that what you did was not wrong, and was expected, at the least. There are just some less open-minded people out there is all.

Yours,

Aerandul

Mini Profile
Kyndra
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 02:37 PM

Advisor unto the Ancients

You heard what they said at the Circle of Cenarius, maybe I didn't act like a true Kaldorei druid would have. Maybe the way I see balance isn’t the same way Elune sees it. And that would mean I’m the one who is chaotic, that I would be the one who is not bound or safe. You saw what happened to that meeting. Maybe if I hadn’t done anything, something more fruitful would have grown from the meeting, something that would have been much more important then my silly need for revenge of those animals.
All I’m doing lately is train to become stronger, train to become more powerful. I make myself believe that I’m training to protect the ones I love. But what I think I’m really doing is trying to become useful to them, to the circle, to everyone around me and no longer be a liability.
I sometimes believe I am abusing these gifts. Using them for to much personal gain. While I think I should preserve my energies to protect others. I’m scared that Elune will see that she has made the wrong decision in letting me use her gifts and that she would take them away from me.
I guess I will just have to think about these things myself, thank you for your kind words mylady.

Kyndra

user posted image
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 03:47 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times

No you won't, that's why we're here. Dear Kyndra, don't feel alone. This world is full of maybes, but if you truly believe in Elune, then she is watching over your actions. She would have done something by now if you had done something wrong. You acted as I would have acted had I your feelings. Perhaps I was too reluctant to ask...and these politics have started to influence me. If so, then it is I who needs help. In fact, you've made me think. Thankyou Kyndra, I need to reflect....

Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options