Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post )

SE moving on: Ideas, Anything and any direction welcome
Lekilor
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 09:48 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Druid

Actually, if Eryn takes over, however unlikely it is, it will be the best option in my eyes (provided things don't go ugly under her leadership). But, if that fails, I hope that a guild can be made to continue the Silvereye's story.

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Aldaron
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 09:51 AM

Sage of the Secret Ways
Class: Hunter

QUOTE (Ashtear @ Jul 28 2008, 09:40 AM)
But Aldaron, yours is not. Modify it or take it down. Haven't you read the first post at all?

I did and I'm following your rules:

QUOTE (Ashtear @ Jul 25 2008, 05:41 PM)

Support: Also one post. No shows of devout loyalty with several posts of how good an idea is and why that should be the only idea used.

You want me to be more clear?
Ok.

1. New leadership -

I don't see it as an option. The Silvereye as it is today and as it is known by the world is greatly due to Taiev's leadership. She didn't make all the effort, she wasn't the only one working, no, but she gave approval and direction to every event and activity, so every step moved by the Circle was a step closer to her idea. Every action or decision that diverged form it was blocked or reaimed.

On second thougth I move a step backward: a new leadership COULD BE an option.
But if and only if Taiev would see a suitable heir for her scepter. Able to lead the guild as she did and in a direction suitable for her vision.
The fact that we are here talking about it simply means that such an heir is not around at the moment.

And we are back to the start: a new leadership is not an option.

2. Disbanding -

I see it unnecessary, but can be an option.
If you feel better or it makes a better sense to have the Silvereye disbanded with just Taiev keeping the tag it can be done.
I repeat, I think it's unnecessary.

3. Move on if you wish, remain if you're satisfied with that -

And we are back to the option I was talking on the other thread.
If you are satisfied with some casual RP and you like to keep a renowned tag, you can do it and you are welcome.
If you desire some more direct and heavy RP action you can start a new spinoff from the Silvereye.
A mercenary idea. Something more lore and wisdom oriented. Something more subtle and political. You to choose.
And if you do it well and publicize it in the right way you can use and absorb part of the SE aura for your new dream.
Mini Profile
Ashtear
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 09:52 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways

thank you, Aldaron ^^

Danger! Handle with caution.
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 10:01 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

You know, for all of the discussion back and forth, what this comes down to is the fact that I am not prepared to allow something that I have pumped a lot of work into move on, at the risk of it faltering, collapsing, changing or being torn into itty little bits.

Colour me possessive, if you like.

So, time for what I suppose I should have done from the get-go.

Since it is clear that there is an unwillingness to accept my point of view, no matter how I try to explain, or argue for it, I will be blunt.

I have worked damned hard on organising events, doing the footwork, and keeping the guild together through drama, crisis of interest and inertia for a long time, longer than any of the other officers, and longer than any of the other members.

And that, together with the simple fact that I am glead means that I can do as I see fit. Now that kind of power would otherwise have been wielded a lot more forcefully by most people.

Now, I wonder if anyone in this guild, other currently or previously has any serious complaints about how I have run things, handled drama and conflicts and driven events over the past years. If anyone does have that sort of doubt, then say it now.

Otherwise, accept my decision. Move on if you want to continue roleplaying actively, create a new guild called <Sílvereye> if that is what you need to do, but give me some damned respect!

user posted image
Mini Profile
Aerandul Nightwarden
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 10:04 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times

So little to add! But.

On option 1) New Leadership:

I don't see anyone who could take that title in an IC manner, sorry. All those who would be trusted with the leadership were the ones who voted to end it, I believe, and are either gone or not interested in taking over the mantle. If, *if* Taiev could choose someone, then it is a possible option.

2) Disbanding.

At the moment, appears to be the best option. While Option 3 is the "nicest", and is there to allow you to all keep together better OOCly, if it apears to be too "soft" and "unclear", then it leaves little resort but to shut it down thoroughly. This may, of course, upset those who didn't mind being left with the title, a status symbol really, but a good one.

3) Leave it as it is.

Well, as mentioned above, this is the nicest option, allowing those who enjoyed their time and don't have IC plans to move on to another guild to keep together and enjoy the game. Then again, this is the option that everyone appears to be causing this whole argument over, so exactly how viable is it?

Long story short, whatever status it is in, whereveer she currently resides, I see Taiev as the Director, Creator, Mother and General of the Silvereye, and while she could have simply ended it on her own, she did put it to everyone, she did get the support of her Officers, thus her say is far greater than anyone else here.

EDIT: Following the post that snuck in.
Now, I wonder if anyone in this guild, other currently or previously has any serious complaints about how I have run things, handled drama and conflicts and driven events over the past years. If anyone does have that sort of doubt, then say it now.

Not at all. You did it so well I left the guild ICly because it didn't fit with me anymore, yet still keep you as one of my closest friends, as well as many of the other guildies. With the sheer amount of drama there has been, I am impressed you haven't snapped wink.gif

Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]