Powered by Invision Power Board

Kyri, of the Dragonsfury. Exorcist., History Lesson.
Kyri
Posted: Jul 2 2006, 09:26 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Warrior

Kyri sighed as she watched her reflection in the Moonwell in the city of Stormwind. Her tired, yellow glowing eyes peered through the shrouding hair coming down her face like a curtain while she listened carefully to her surroundings. A person here and there ran or walked for their errands, as per usual none really took much notice to the elf in black clothing. Surprisingly perhaps to newcomers of Stormwind, but Kyri had walked her streets long enough to blend in. She was a common sight. What would be surprising to those newcomers, would be the elf's arsenal. Four swords dangling on each side of her hip and an additional nine on her back. "A typical warrior, probably a swordsmith." they'd say, giving Kyri the urge to shrug her shoulder.

Kyri blinked slowly and shook her head, sighing yet again. "How did I get like this..?" she whispered to her mind, expecting an answer to what she already knew. However, there came a familiar whisper from a nearby bush. "Trying to justify your excistance again, are we?" Kyri glanced towards the bush. Her companion, so to speak. "So you're still around. Haven't spoken much the past months though." She replied to the talking bush. "I got better things to do." It said and Kyri chuckled lightly. "Thank you for setting me up." She flipped a small rock towards the bush and appearently hit something inside as it bounced off. "Ow... Well, your life seemed dull enough. Had to do something." Said a black dragonling peeking its head out from the bush and looked around. Kyri inspected it. It had grown since last, how it fit in the bush was a wonder. "So tell me, how DID you get here, again?" It said, "I always find your story interesting."

Kyri looked at the dragonling and nodded, as if telling her story to him was a way of reporting back about something. "Long before my parents, there was a dark man, not by skin but by heart. He killed people, critters, cattle, children, and whatnot, drinking their blood believing he would become strong. Upon his death, forced into submission by his court, he laid down a curse that his descendants would always be followed by shadow, or so." She said softly, glanced around and continued.

"Then, a night elf seer fell in love with a human man. Her love was so strong for him that her foresight became dimmer. She became with child. They loved the child before it was born." Kyri paused and glanced towards the dragonling, sitting into the bush again, hiding. "The night elf woman did see things, she saw the demise of her child and man, at the hands of black skinned orcs, so she warned her man. The man, brought up by the ways of the sword had to swear to her that he would prepare the child to fight back the orcs and win." Pausing again, Kyri turned her head as a priestess kneeled before the moonwell besides her, said her prayers and walked away again. Kyri continued. "Weeks if not months went by, and the seer was to have her child. In the midst of labour, she was caught by shock as she saw her body would not survive the birth, she would die. Desperate to live, she prayed and cursed and chanted, trying to force her soul and spirit to the child, her own child, to live on and kill the spirit of the child." Kyri clenched a fist, pressing it down against the stone of the moonwell, gritting her teeth.

"She didn't know better, Kyri. Carry on." Said the bush. Kyri nodded slightly and breathed to calm herself. "The seer failed, died, and the child was born with fragments of foresight. She could see things early, but simple things, mostly just acting as reflexes. It was perfect for her father's training. Truly enough, the orcs came eventually. The child was only fourteen, with the looks of an elf, but grew quick as a human. However, her father did not want to risk her life and sent her away as soon as he heard news of the orcs marching towards town. The girl stayed near and watched the orcs drag her father away. She did nothing." Kyri punched her fist lightly against the stone. "There was nothing you could have done. You would have been taken aswell, and they'd do who knows what to a young girl." The bush said softly, but Kyri sneered. "I know that! But I can't help but to feel a sense of guilt!" The bush was silent, Kyri continued.

"The girl used her skill with the sword to search for her father and the black skinned orcs, and she trained day in and day out. Soon sh---.." Kyri was interrupted, a stirr in the bush as the dragonling hid. Standing slowly, Kyri glanced over her shoulder. Nothing, but she knew why the dragonling had hid. They both lingered, eventually the dragonling whispered before flying off discreetly. "History lesson is over."

((Where Kyri ends her story is where my ingame experience began, much has happened since then to form Kyri to where she is now.))

user posted image
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options