Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post )

What Should The Warden Of War Be Doing?
Maeven
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 09:56 AM

Sage of the Secret Ways
Class: Hunter

Well I for one love those mounts. I've also seen what's required for it, and while I certainly won't grind for weeks on end to get it, I may try for it now and again - I'm in no hurry. How about leaving this open to interested parties as a goal?

On the grinding issue - the whole game is a grind. We grind for experience. We grind for money. We grind for faction, for levels, for leet items. That's what an MMOG is. What rp tries to do is give all that grinding/coveting/hoarding a bit of meaning. There's a balance that needs to be struck between trying to get that next great item, and still interacting with the guild. People who enjoy raiding would find patrolling without a goal rather dull, and people who prefer rp don't really care to do instances over and over again.

So a mix of rp with some background assignments - as well as putting said events in areas where we can gather some required things - is worth trying, in order to get the best of both worlds.

Purple Weapon
Epic Mount
user posted image
The Toddler STILL pwns you
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 10:12 AM

Augur of the Third Age

That's what I was thinking Maeven. I'm in no hurry to get it either (I don't even know if I'll ever be able to grind enough to get it), but after I hit 60 I felt the need for a long term goal, something to strive for, so I've been travelling to winterspring when I don't have anything else to do and made a few runs, and then went back to RP or instancing. From a RP point of view, Darjana just needs to get away and gather her thoughts at times, and she enjoys the peace and quiet of Winterspring, and she absolutely adores the frostsabers there too and want to help out rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't want to force people to grind hours on end on specific times, just gather some people who feel like making a trip to Winterspring and run the quests a couple of times. With more people doing it we could even arange a few breaks around a campfire and get some RP out of it when we are tired of running the same quest over and over again. The point is that if more people are interested in doing it wouldn't be boring grinding, it might allow for some character development.

This would be a volunteer thing that people can join or set up whenever they feel like it.

Darjana Stargazer
Quando omni flunkus moritatus
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 12:03 PM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

Right then! How do people feel about tomorrow evening, thursday? I personally haven't even been to Winterspring yet and would very much like to go there.

I doubt I'll have the stamina to grind for that mount myself, considering the work involved, but no reason not to do a bit of it. My idea with the patrols is to never visit the same place just after each other (unless it ties into RP planning) anyway.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Darjana
Posted: Nov 9 2005, 12:24 PM

Augur of the Third Age

I can't make it tomorrow, but don't let that stop you! smile.gif

Darjana Stargazer
Quando omni flunkus moritatus
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]