Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (54) « First ... 50 51 [52] 53 54   ( Go to first unread post )

Art Thread, Artists unite!
Jivan
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 05:40 PM

Augur of the Third Age
Class: Rogue

I had the image of the final frames in my head to begin with, and I like the lines. I am tempted to make it so that the soldiers don't appear on flat ground though.

sere, I agree with the pacing thing now that you mention it. The text especially needs to be timed better I reckon.

Annoyingly my group decided not to put these animations into our first review submission because it was obvious that i'd just done them. Sometimes I hate group work tongue.gif

Oh and T, the weird lines of the flowers are due to my complete inability to translate images in my brain into lines in flash, tried with mouse, tried with tablet, gave up and drew squiggles biggrin.gif
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 09:12 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times
Class: Warrior

Thanks for explaining, Sere. All in all I can just say great work. That character is better than a lot of pro work from what I can see. Keep at it and you'll carve yourself a bright future! smile.gif

And Jiv, those are really nice! Not sure I get the second one (and aye on the pacing), but the first one is lovely. I would probably have had each soldier transform into a cross instead of altering the number though...would make it more apparent that it is the soldiers who die, and it not just being a scene change.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Serenia
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 10:29 AM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways

smile.gif) I will be doing my best, Sent. smile.gif But please, if there is something technical you can see on the maps that look disturbing, I would really like to know smile.gif Want to try to avoid making the same mistakes twice.

Also known as Narvinyë.
For those of you who don't know already. :)
Mini Profile
Acrona
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 08:21 PM

Augur of the Third Age
Class: Druid

An attempt on Trynian.

user posted image

Tardon from the Horde asked me to make two drawings as contest prizes for an upcoming Copenhagen RL meet. I will be printing both on A4 glossy photo paper. Here's the finished one, for a drinking contest:

user posted image

"My temperature is −273.15 °C."
Mini Profile
Serenia
Posted: Apr 7 2008, 08:46 PM

I like the colors you put into the drinking contest image Acrona smile.gif

And I have an idea ;P This goes out to Acrona and Sentallia :] I don't think that I'm gonna be doing very much this late spring / summer and I really need to keep my 3d skills up to shape before I start looking for internships this coming autumn. So maybe one of you could come up with a character concept with me and design it and I'll do my best in turning it into 3d :] I think it could be pretty fun.

And here's my latest work in the 3d world:

user posted image

It has some pretty big flaws in it, but still, I am quite proud smile.gif
It was made for a challenge between the 3d educations here in sweden and we had about 4 weeks in total to pull it off. In which two weeks were lost in trying to figure out the concept for the character. And during the two weeks that I actually worked on the character model I was quite busy with a game project during school hours. Two weeks of pure madness..
Anyway, our guideline was "It came from a nightmare" And a little girl is also involved in the guideline, hehe. So I thought that I'd use her mother in some terrefying way, and that's pretty much what I ended up with. smile.gif
A total of around 7900 triangles were used on this one and the use of various 2048x2048 texture maps.

Also known as Narvinyë.
Mini Profile
Wai
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 11:50 AM

Learned One
Class: Rogue

Flaws? You have a girl's head on a big freaking nightmare snake thing!

Oh...that was the idea? *grins sheepishly*

It's a good piece! Hope to see a lot more of your work

What's this? Sittin' around watching the telly while there's evil still afoot? It's not very industrious of you. I say we go out there and kick a little demon ass! Come on! Demons! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate them, for justice, and for... the safety of puppies... right? Let's fight that evil! Let's kill something! Oh, come on!
Mini Profile
Acrona
Posted: Apr 9 2008, 12:20 PM

Augur of the Third Age

I like the creature's colour scheme, and the combination of snake/grasshopper limbs. The area behind her head where the hair fades, confuses me though. Does the hair sink into the dark collar flap behind her? I think the darkness (shadowed?) of the object flattens it.
Butbut, I think the design is very cool and frightening, I can almost feel her tentacles wimpling... I'm eagerly waiting for your next product.

Also, a tempting proposal you made for Sent and me, I think I will try to come up with something... smile.gif

Made for the Copenhagen server meet (a quiz contest prize, I think Denaraothai won it)
user posted image

Something quick-ish
user posted image

Mini Profile
Serenia
Posted: Apr 9 2008, 05:31 PM

I agree, the area where the hair is supposed to get desaturated and turn into something else than hair got a little fecked. I was aiming for something like hair fading into some black void-like "fabric" or something. But having a completely black material that doesn't react at all to any lighting what so ever was a bad idea. So I'll try and do something different with it smile.gif And this time I have the time for it ;D

If you decide to come up with a concept, please let me know before you put too much work into it ^^ Simply because some things might be too hard for me to make smile.gif

And damn you are massproducing stuff for the copenhagen meetings ^^ Awesome stuff though smile.gif

Also known as Narvinyë.
Mini Profile
Sentallia
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 08:25 AM

Spirit of Ancient Times

Looks nice, Sere. I agree with Acro on the hair though. Whatever it is you aimed for, it just ends up looking strange, I must admit. I suggest working that over some more since right now it mostly confuses. Other than that I miss some more aggressive specular lighting and some more "random" in the texture. Overall it looks too clean, I think.

As for making you a concept...anything in particular you had in mind? Any genre you would prefer?

user posted image
Mini Profile
Serenia
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 09:21 AM

I gave the hair some more love yesterday so the pitch black is pretty much gone. :] Think it turned out alot better smile.gif I'll post her again as soon as I've done another run at the other textures aswell ^^ Thanks Sent and Acro smile.gif

And as for genre.. I like "Ghost in the Shell" sci-fi and Unreal / Gears of Wars and some of the usual fantasy stuff. I could probably come up with more specific ideas if you don't have any lying around that you would like to see made in 3d. If you do decide to make me one, can I turn to you for input and critique as I work? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Serenia on Apr 10 2008, 09:23 PM

Also known as Narvinyë.
Mini Profile
Acrona
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 09:30 PM

Augur of the Third Age

My retired trollette, Syreen the shamanic dancer! The character was inspired by South Indian belly dancing and Rhythmic Gymnastics. :}

user posted image

Shame the hooky shape of her nose doesn't show very well due to the angle..

Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Apr 12 2008, 06:35 AM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Very cute! A strong feeling of grace and elegance and movement.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Acrona
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 07:30 PM

Augur of the Third Age

Thanks T!
-------------------

user posted image

Andúriel Shadowdancer bringing Acrona's hands to his lips.

Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 08:29 PM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Good light work around the eyes.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Serenia
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 09:09 PM

I like the male on that picture Acrona smile.gif
But the corner of the female mouth looks a little odd. A little like smudged lipstick I think. Might be just me though smile.gif
I like how she really lifted her shoulders in that cute and happy way too ^^

This post has been edited by Serenia on Apr 14 2008, 09:17 PM

Also known as Narvinyë.
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (54) « First ... 50 51 [52] 53 54