Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post )

Elvish Words
Lekilor
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 01:28 PM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Druid

However, the Mother Moon is not a goddess who advocates peace at all costs. Indeed, one of Elune's aspects since ancient times has been the Night Warrior, who is said to take the valiant dead from the battlefield and set them riding across the evening sky as stars.

And yet, Shadows and Light writes that

Elune will never engage in combat of any kind, nor will she allow it to occur in her presence. Though she never physically manifests in the world of mortals, when she involves herself in a violent situation she will arrive invisibly and undetectedand use her song of peace to calm the combatants until sunrise.

The dark times will pass. We will persevere. Remember the Keeper.
Mini Profile
Taiev
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 01:30 PM

Keeper of the First Secrets
Class: Hunter

Interesting. But I would think that this source is closer to Canon.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Lillyandra
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 02:07 PM

Augur of the Third Age
Class: Hunter

Shadows and Light is one of the RPG books however, while this information comes from the official WoW site. Thus, I think this one is more canon for the game.

user posted image
Mini Profile
Venia
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 02:44 PM

Guardian of the Ancient Ways
Class: Warrior

Elune will never engage in combat of any kind, nor will she allow it to occur in her presence. Though she never physically manifests in the world of mortals, when she involves herself in a violent situation she will arrive invisibly and undetectedand use her song of peace to calm the combatants until sunrise.

Note the in her presence and when she involves herself in a violent situation - meaning when she actually exerts her own will over something, rather than answering the prayers of those calling to her. These occurances would be incredibly rare, perhaps having never happened in actual Warcraft History, and there for Storytellers to use as a plot mechanic.

Still, the Night Warrior source is newer (and comes directly from Richard A. Knaak's War of the Ancients), thus this might be a retcon.

And yes, I'm very very happy about the Lore that Blizzard have decided to put up, at last! biggrin.gif

"You may find that you can read me like an open book, but you'll quickly find this book is more of a mystery novel. Who knows what the shocking conclusions will be, hrmm?"

10 years post Hyjal;
"Venia - what happened to you? Did you fall or were you pushed?"
"Fall? Pushed? Hah. I leapt, and I soared."
Mini Profile
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Archivist

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]